Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Awestruck!

I am in such awe just thinking about the last few weeks and what God is doing to help me along this process.  I spent this last weekend in Daytona Beach with my parents.  I traveled in order to meet with the pastor of Providence Church, the missions committee and eventually the congregation.  And, I had the opportunity to present to them what God is calling me to do in the Dominican Republic.

I am truly overwhelmed  by God's body of believers.  And more than overwhelmed, I am grateful to know that people who I didn't even know are able to see God through me and want to support what God is doing in my life.

May the Lord continue to Take My Life and Let It Be all for Him and For His Glory.  May I continue to use My Voice, My Hands, and My Time for His Work.

I am currently in 1 Kings reading about Solomon.  He has just become King after his dad, David died, and he loves the Lord so much!  In Chapter 3, God tells Solomon to ask Him for whatever he wants.  How many would reply with worldly things like money or happiness or even comfort?  But not Solomon, He asked God for wisdom... wisdom and discernment.  His humility before God is rare.  Later, in 1 Kings, Solomon desires to build a temple for God and does so with the help of another king.  The temple that he ends up building is incredible, and yet Solomon recognizes that it cannot in any way contain God.  For God is too awesome to be contained in a building.  Then, Solomon prays to the Lord for His people, that He would hear their prayers and forgive them for their future wrong-doings.  Lastly, Solomon thanks the Lord by offering some of his finest to Him.

I can only imagine having known Solomon, the wise king.  To have the humility to ask God for wisdom and discernment as he began his reign and the forethought to pray for his people's future needs and then to be so grateful in the midst of it all is truly an example for us all.

My prayer is that God would humble me to want wisdom in place of short-lived pleasures.  I pray that He would go ahead of me and prepare the hearts of the people who He will put in my path and strengthen me for the rough times ahead when I fall short.  And, I give THANKS for all that He has already done, for what He has yet to do, and for the LOVE that He has for me and for His people.

"May the Lord our God be with us as He was with our fathers; may He never leave us nor forsake us.  May He turn our hearts to him, to walk in all His ways and to keep the commands, decrees and regulations He gave our fathers." 1 Kings 8:57-58

No comments:

Post a Comment