Thursday, December 26, 2013

Season's Greetings & Many Thanks!

Before leaving the Dominican, I was quite nervous about coming home and being able to articulate just how God was working in my life and through my life.  But, I was encouraged before leaving for the United States by a reading in Acts 14 about Paul's journey home after he had spent time away in ministry.  He had discipled men, strengthened believers, fasted and prayed.  Upon arriving home, Paul was able to share what God had done for him during that journey with fellow believers.  I imagine that he was strengthened and refreshed.  And, that's exactly how I have felt since being home.  I give God all of the glory for answering my prayers and allowing me to share and be re-filled before I head home (to the D.R.) in just a few days.

My prayer for this Christmas was to be able to see friends and family, rest, be helpful, and not to forget why we celebrate during this time of year.  I am so thankful for the tight hugs, big smiles and love that I have received while in the states.  I'm grateful for time spent with friends and family, the ability to help my closest friend in time of need, and time to focus on Jesus!  I am also grateful for today -- when I can just relax, read, watch t.v. and stay in my pj's!

Unbelievably, in just 3 days, I will be headed back to the Dominican Republic.  I must say that while I have enjoyed my time, I am excited to get back and spend time with my dominican family in Santo Domingo before getting back into the groove of ministry again.

I praise God for sending His son for us even though His love is undeserved and we can never pay Him back.  May we always remember that He is our savior and the ultimate definition of love.  May we show that unconditional love to those around us, whether deserved or not.  I thank you, everyone for your support of me and your love for me during this journey and pray that you will have a blessed holiday and year. I appreciate your prayers, your good questions about the last 5 months, your hospitality, and your continued support for the children I work with in the Dominican Republic.  For those whom I didn't get to visit, I pray that I will get to see you when I return in April.


Also, I want to say thank you for those of you who have expressed interest in or who have already donated to the library at Emanuel House.  I am overwhelmed by your generosity and desire to help the kids have access to books.  I am hopeful that the library will open in January and will be sure to post pictures. 

If you are still interested in ordering books for the library, but haven't had a chance yet, please visit my wish list on Amazon.com (http://amzn.com/w/3TJ16XIBKOEQS) or find Spanish kids books at your local bookstore.  Have books sent to the address below, and please note how to pay for shipping and handling.

Adrienne Christian
c/o Agape Flights DMG27557
100 Airport Avenue
Venice, FL  34285

Shipping costs are $1.75 per pound.  Agape Flights is an organization that serves missionaries oversees.  Agape's overall cost to transport packages and cargo is $4.00 per pound.  If you would like to pay the $1.75 per pound fee for your package (so Adrienne doesn't have to) or you would like to make a contribution over the cost of $1.75 per pound, go to www.agapeflights.com, check the box Flight Ministry cargo shipment to" and then put Adrienne Christian in the empty box below or mail a check with Adrienne Christian in the memo line along with the approximate weight of the package.  It usually takes about 2 weeks for the package to arrive from Florida to Dominican Republic.


Some have also expressed interest in supporting me financially.  If you are interested in making a tax-deductible donation to help support my ministry in the D.R. before the end of 2013, please visit www.scoresponsor.org.  


Here's a Christmas video that I sent out to those who sponsor children through SCORE International.  Meet some of the kids that I work with and be uplifted!


Wishing you a happy holiday!  Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!  



No comments:

Post a Comment