Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Confident and Ready

It is pretty crazy to think that next Monday I will be moving to the Dominican Republic.  As I look around my house and think about what I have been up to over the last few weeks, everything screams "transition, change, and something new!"  The last pieces of my furniture are being moved out this week, my car finally has a for sale sign on it, the closing date for my townhouse is settled, I am seeing people and doing things for the last time, and I am practicing to see what all will fit in my 3 suitcases that I will be taking with me to the D.R.

All of the prayer that surrounds me is felt more than ever now as I do not feel anxious or overwhelmed or doubtful, but instead confident in God's plan for me.  Have you ever been so sure of something even though you don't know exactly what God is planning?  That's how I feel: confident that God's plan is good and that He has gone before me.

When I woke up this morning, one of my friends from the D.R. had posted this verse on Facebook:

It is the Lord who goes before you.  He will be with you, he will not leave you or forsake you.  Do not fear or be dismayed.  Deuteronomy 31:8

Thanks be to God that He has all of this figured out and that instead of worrying or stressing, I can go confidently.

I am most excited to see exactly what He is up to, as I still feel very unworthy of being used in such a way and totally humbled by the fact that God has chosen to use me to minister and serve the kids in the Dominican Republic.

So, I am going confidently... letting Him lead me along the way.  I pray that God allows me to open my hands and my mind and my whole self completely to Him so that I can be used by Him.

Need a little bit of encouragement?  Watch this video that I recently found and fell in love with!




No comments:

Post a Comment