Sunday, January 13, 2013

He Has Died, He Is Risen, He Will Come Again


Each Sunday at Church before receiving communion, we say these words.... "Christ has died, Christ is risen, Christ will come again."  Today, it struck me in a way that is unique from other Sundays.  I mean it's pretty profound to think that Christ died for us so many years ago.  He gave up his life for us so that we could be washed clean and live our lives for Him.  Then, after dying He rose!  He rose from the depths of death.  And, thanks be to God... He will come again.  Wrapped up in this phrase that we say each Sunday, we declare not only our Christian belief in Christ's death, life and resurrection, but we declare our practical belief in the death of our old self, the rising up of our new self, and the hope that we have in this world because we know of his return.

Over the past week, I have been struggling a lot with trusting God and His plan.  A few months ago, it was really easy to "feel" God's calling in the sense that I had just returned from being in the Dominican Republic, and I was still very emotionally "close" to my experience.  Months later, I am still with the same peace that God has called me to move and do His will in the Dominican Republic by sharing the gospel through education and working with children, yet my experiences there seem so far away.  What's closer are all of the details that have to be figured out before I leave.  While I know that God is calling me and He wouldn't call me and then leave me with things undone, the human side of me is scared, overwhelmed with all that I have to do before I leave, and out of energy at times to work full-time and prepare to go. 

This morning when the pastor stated the familiar phrase, "Christ has died. Christ is risen. Christ will come again," I was reminded of the truth that Christ has already planned out all of the details.  He is with me now... right beside me.  And, just like He will come again,  He will provide a way.

Please pray that God would continue to comfort me and that I would hold on to His truth, knowing that God is way bigger than any of the small details.

Christ HAS.
Christ IS.
Christ WILL

No comments:

Post a Comment