Monday, January 21, 2013

God's Voice

Every Friday my school has a chapel service.  I was struck by a couple of the things that the speaker talked about during last Friday's chapel.  The biggest, though was a story that he told of his daughter who was dyslexic and thus growing up, often confused words and meanings of words.  He said that this happened so many times through the years, that he now understands what she means even when she makes mistakes.  He knows her so well, in fact, that he doesn't have to try hard to understand what his daughter is trying to say.  I imagine that God expects the same for us.  I am stretched each day to get to know Him more, to be in such relationship with Him that even when He whispers or speaks through parables or dreams or through others, I hear His voice clearly.  I am challenged to read more, to speak to Him more, and to know Him better.  I pray that I would continue to seek Him in all that I do, so that even when others may not hear Him, I am able to hear His voice more clearly than ever.


No comments:

Post a Comment