Saturday, December 29, 2012

The Lord is My Strength

Well, there were about 15 people at the dinner last night.  Honestly, I was disappointed that more people could not come, but I know that GOD IS GOOD.  The Eller family was so gracious to not only open up their home but also provide dinner and dessert.  I cannot thank them enough for their hospitality and for hosting last night.  The guests that He did send to the dinner were very supportive and positive. Thank you to the Eller's, the King family, the Whited Family, Lauren, Audrey, Katie, Lyanette, Pam and Kaylin for your support. 

Overall, the purpose of last night was to share with people what I believe God is doing in my life and His plans for me in the Dominican Republic over the next year and long term. Additionally, I wanted to get people to partner with me in prayer and financially.  At the end of the night, people pledged to donate, others agreed to remain prayerful for me, and I received 2 donations. And so, even though numbers were small, I feel loved, supported and blessed.  I am a true believer that while God's plan doesn't always look like ours, He has a tremendous plan far beyond what I can imagine.

I am hopeful that at my next two dinners, God will send more people to listen and to partner with me to help the kids in the Dominican!

Yesterday, my verse of the day was from Habakkuk 3:19.  It was the perfect message for me because I was a bit nervous about the dinner and articulating my feelings well.  And, God sent me this verse.

The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
He makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
He enables me to go on the heights.

Thank God for reminders like these. Any strength that we have comes from above.  We are only made strong by Him in our weakness.  When we realize that we cannot do anything on our own, and totally give up control to Him, He shows His power.  

Thanks be to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment