Thursday, December 20, 2012

Dominican Dinners and Lots of Prayer

In less than a week, I will have my first fundraising dinner to try to raise awareness of what I will be doing in the Dominican Republic and to find people who want to partner with me in God's call to work with children, orphans and the poor.  Right now, I just need prayer that God will bring people to the dinner.  I have invited Wesleyan graduates and their families from the classes of 2009 and 2010 who either were on mission trips, in Bible studies or just were close to me through the years and kids from later classes who traveled to the Dominican Republic with me in 2009 and 2010.

Following this dinner, I will have 2 more for friends from church (February) and Wesleyan faculty and teachers (March).  I will also contact other friends and family along the way either in person or through letters.

Please pray that people will be in town and will RSVP for the dinner that Mrs. Brenda Eller and her family are so graciously hosting.  Also, please pray that people's hearts will be open to support me in God's call for my life to help spread His word through the ministry of education.  And last, please pray that I will get the details together to be able to express myself well over the next few months.  I am fully confident that it is God's will that I go to the Dominican Republic.  My prayer is that I will fully trust Him and not doubt.

God has been putting this verse on my heart over the last two weeks:  I pray that I can have faith and fully trust in what I cannot see.  [Faith is being sure of what we hope for and being certain of what we do not see. Hebrews 11:1]

If you are interested in attending a dinner, please check out this invitation and RSVP or email me.
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E0849AEA729A46-dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment