Friday, July 15, 2011

eL PaJaRiTo


This week has been all about relationships! I have been working with a group from Tampa, Florida. The group is made up of kids (9 years old) to adults (50s). It's honestly so refreshing to be around people who truly enjoy all of the aspects of life and who let God shine in all that they do. From the constant chatter and laughter of kids to the family-like atmosphere of the adult women, it has been absolutely wonderful hanging around this group this week. I was told this morning that I fit in perfectly!
All week, we have been working in a village called Pajarito. We've mostly split ourselves up in three groups: Baseball / male ministry; VBS / childrens ministry; Discussion / women's ministry. There hasn't been anything forced, but we have truly had fun visiting people's homes, praying for their ailments and God's continued hands on their family life and spiritual growth in the community, and just loving on people in general. Yesterday, we even had the opportunity to feed the village after sharing the gospel with the people. It was cool to see about 15 people come to know the Lord. For me, one of the special things was that they left the room where the food was in order to go to another room and talk about the decision that they had just made. They wanted to sing and praise God. Their faces were shining with excitement for what God was going to do in their lives! It was awesome. One of the ladies from our group started singing in English Jesus Loves Me and Amazing Grace and then they wanted more -- They wanted a song in Spanish. So, I taught them a kids song that I know in Spanish and they sang it with me. The song is YO TENGO GOZO en mi corazon. I HAVE JOY in my heart! We all sang the song so loud it gave me chill bumps. I think they had forgotten about the food, but after we got all of their names and phone numbers if they had one so that the longterm missionary could keep in touch, they got their bags of food and toiletries that the group had provided for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment