Saturday, July 23, 2011

And then God said... ReST

So I have one last week here. This past week has been a challenging one for me. On Sunday night, I had the task of going to the airport to get a team and the flight was delayed so much that I didn't end up going to bed until about 4:00am that morning. Starting the week of that way was not good, and just like always when I am tired, I got sick. God is so funny that way. He knows when my body needs rest and He says, "Rest." It is so not in my nature to want to slow down, pause, and do nothing. Maybe for a day here or there, but in general, I like to be on the go. As the summer winds down, I realize how much that is true. I have been on the go since the day I got out of school in May. Even though I have enjoyed what I was doing -- traveling, at the end of the summer I will have had about 7 days not in the country and during those days, I will have worked on a wedding, packing, and planning for the following school year. Needless to say, my mother was right when she said that I should not pack my summer so much. It's been fun, but I am exhausted. Fortunately, God knows what He is doing and when He sees that I'm going too hard, He stops me - abruptly. So, for the past week, I missed out on teams. I basically have been on antibiotics and tylenol cold, as my symptoms are that of ear ache, sore throat from coughing, and headache. I thought I was starting to get better and then this morning I woke up with really red eyes... I don't think I have the PINK EYE as they don't hurt, but God reminded me again, REST. So, I have been in my apartment most of the day just resting. Hopefully, I will be better so that I can enjoy my last week here in the Dominican Republic translating and working with the people. Please pray for healing over my body!

No comments:

Post a Comment