Monday, October 28, 2013

Emanuel House Library

Imagine not growing up with books in your home. Imagine having parents who are illiterate. Imagine not being able to read. 

Well... the library shelves at Emanuel House have officially been paid for. The goal is that every kid at Emanuel House can read on grade level by the end of the year. Reading in Spanish is phonetic. The kids at Emanuel House are smart. They just haven't had access to books.

I need your help! A library is not a library without books. I had some wonderful people donate books last month and would love to receive some more for the kids before I come home for Christmas. (I know that I will be bringing some back then, but I am trying to lighten my load.)

If you are interested in donating Spanish Kids books to the Emanuel House Library, (I believe it will be the only library in Quisqueya), please send books to my friend, Rachel Todd, by Saturday, November 30, 2013.

Please include a note with your first and last name so that I know who donated the book(s).

Rachel Todd:
7068 Stinger Pl.
St. Louis, MO. 63129

Don't want to shop for books? Make a one-time, tax-deductible donation to SCORE and make sure to include that it is for BOOKS. Then, I'll buy the books for you on AMAZON. (Note that SCORE takes out an admin fee.)

No comments:

Post a Comment