Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Power of Prayer

Throughout the process of building a team of support, one of the biggest lessons that I have learned first-hand is that prayer is so powerful!  I appreciate all of the people who have told me that they are praying for me & the people who are praying and I don't even know it.  Please know that your prayers are felt.  These last few weeks before I leave have been and will continue to be crammed with figuring out details that I didn't have time to figure out when I was working, along with packing everything that I need in my three suitcases, seeing people for the last time, and trying to enjoy time with friends before I leave.

And yet, the world keeps revolving.  I am reminded over and over again that life continues to go on.  Yesterday, my grandmother passed away.  She was in her eighties and not doing well over the last two months.  I am so glad that I had the opportunity to visit her last week as I made rounds throughout Florida and Georgia to visit family for the last time before leaving.  I truly believe in God's timing that I was able to visit her on Wednesday -- the last day that she truly was alert. God is Good!

Please pray for all who were close to my grandmother.  Specifically, please pray for my father and his sister.  I cannot imagine what it is like to watch your mother pass away.  I am so thankful for scripture and pray that even during this time, somehow, all of us would draw closer to Him, find comfort from Him and desire more and more to be in His will.

We do not want you to be ignorant about those who fall asleep, or to grieve like the rest of men, 
who have no hope.  We believe that Jesus died and rose again and so we believe that God will bring with Jesus those who have fallen asleep in Him.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-14

Thanks be to God!


Grandmama at her 80th birthday party



Some other specific prayer needs that I have for all those praying for me are listed below.  Thank you, praying people!

Grateful for: my prayer team and my financial support team; time to relax and have fun with friends; community here in Atlanta; all of those who understand God's call on my life and who are supportive of it; growth in my spiritual life; my family; God's increasing grace in allowing me to experience what it looks like to have faith...

Prayer Requests: my house which still has not been closed on.  Please pray for wisdom on my part and an open mind from the bank; the month of July (I move on July 8) and a smooth transition as I move to the DR... especially pray transportation, communication and picking up the responsibility of organizing the Child Sponsorship program; the ability to trust in the Lord with the details and not become overwhelmed before I leave nor when I get there; wisdom when choosing insurance...

His will be done.






No comments:

Post a Comment