Monday, March 18, 2013

Living in the present, excited for the future

I just got back last night from the Dominican Republic sharing the love of Christ with Dominicans in a village called San Jose. (Above is the church where we stayed and painted.)  It was truly one of the best mission trips of my life.  I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to spend the week with Craig and Joanna McClure (our Missionaries) and the girls and fellow teachers from Wesleyan School. 

And today, I'm back in the states.... So quickly I am struck by the fact that I am living between two worlds.  I'm excited about the plans that God has for me in the Dominican Republic and excited to see how He works out His plans for me here in my last two months as a teacher at Wesleyan. 

I am reminded of the verse from Philippians 4:6-7 which states, "Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. The last day of my trip, I asked that God would help me leave behind anxiety and nervousness regarding the details that have to be worked out before my move.  Please continue to pray for His continued peace.  Pray for the Lord to work out the details of selling my house, the process of it being sold, and continued wisdom and guidance. He is all powerful, mighty and majestic!  Thanks be to God!

No comments:

Post a Comment