Monday, April 8, 2013

Remembering a Sweet Friend

"The end of all things is near.  Therefore, be clear-minded and self-controlled so that you can pray.  Above all, love each other deeply..." 1 Peter 4:7-8

The past few days I have been struck by the fragility of life, the fact that no day is promised, and what a gift God has blessed us with each day.  My dear college friend and sorority sister passed away just days ago from a heart attack caused by the strain that sickle cell anemia had on her heart.  While she had lived with the disease for all of the time that I knew her, she approached life as a perfectly healthy, exuberant, and joyful person. 

Right now, I am in the process of memorizing 1 Peter 4:7-11.  I am so glad that a friend added the first verses to memorize.  Our life here on earth is a gift from God and our time here is limited. We must remember to be clear-minded, self-controlled and loving towards one another --not only because our days are numbered, but because going through life that way is just so much more fun and pleasing to God!  I can honestly say that my dear friend, Miranda, lived life loving all those around her.  Her heart, while weak physically, was so strong in love!

I will miss you my friend!

This is the last time that I saw Miranda (seated next to me in black).  It was her 32nd birthday a little over a year ago. 




No comments:

Post a Comment