Friday, July 30, 2010

Basketball and Clean Feet

Well, yesterday I had a great experience here in the D.R. I went in the morning with a team to translate for a basketball clinic in Santo Domingo. I was partnered up with a girl who used to play basketball for the University of Southern California. She taught the kids some useful dribbling skills that they could practice even when we weren't there. There were also stations that worked on passing and shooting. Afterwards, we shared the gospel with them. Then, in the afternoon, I went to a church service in a village called Honduras. The service was great. We sang some familiar songs--although in Spanish and then listened to a message about serving others and how this is a perfect way to show others our love for Christ. In Matthew, we read about Jesus and how he was so humble that he washed the feet of his disciples even though he is Lord. Then, the group that we were with washed the feet of all of the adults and children in the church. It was awesome! While some washed, others prayed. I didn't get to wash anyone's feet, but I did get to pray over some. It was a very overwhelming experience -- one that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment